About Me

I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I am expecting to graduate in the Fall of 2010. I have chose to major in the elementary education because of my desire to be a teacher and change the life of each child I come in contact with. I believe I will be a great teacher due to the fact that I love children and I long to help and make sure that EVERY student succeeds no matter what it takes. I hope to have high expectations through both my ups and downs throughout my teaching career.

My Teaching Philosophy

I feel the most important aspect of teaching is that each student deserves the chance to succeed. No matter their race, gender, social or economic status, it is their right, as a student, to have the chance to succeed. I also feel that a teacher should be unbiased toward each student in her classroom. It is unfair to the student if you see a flaw in something they cannot help or change. They have nothing to do with the environment in which they live; but as a teacher, I have everything to do with what goes on while they are at school. It then becomes my responsibility to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most.

I am very committed to teach each student to the best of my ability. If I cannot teach the students, I am failing them not myself. If a student has a question that I do not know the answer to, I am more than happy to help them find it. Letting my students see that I do not know everything shows them that it is okay to ask questions and learn more.

I also believe in being a leader to my students. By showing leadership skills and being a good leader, others will want to follow in that path, which in turn produces more leaders. Leadership is a quality that I believe every student should strive to achieve, and I hope to help each student develop a desire to do so.

I want each and every one of my students to love school and have a love for learning. Through all of my creative lessons and my love of teaching I hope to create this atmosphere for all my students.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Everyone Deserves a Chance

I believe that EVERYONE deserves a chance to succeed in life, and this chance begins at a very young age. As a teacher you must truly believe that every student can and will succeed in your classroom! I hope to inspire each of my students to work to the best of their ability through his or her schooling and life. Before the student can believe in themselves the teacher must believe in the student! If the teacher does not have high expectations for the student then the student most likely not go anywhere in life. No matter where the child comes from he or she still deserves a chance to succeed and it starts with their early schooling. I believe that I can be that teacher who makes the difference in the child's life and shows them that he or she can succeed and that I WILL help them accomplish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment