About Me

I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I am expecting to graduate in the Fall of 2010. I have chose to major in the elementary education because of my desire to be a teacher and change the life of each child I come in contact with. I believe I will be a great teacher due to the fact that I love children and I long to help and make sure that EVERY student succeeds no matter what it takes. I hope to have high expectations through both my ups and downs throughout my teaching career.

My Teaching Philosophy

I feel the most important aspect of teaching is that each student deserves the chance to succeed. No matter their race, gender, social or economic status, it is their right, as a student, to have the chance to succeed. I also feel that a teacher should be unbiased toward each student in her classroom. It is unfair to the student if you see a flaw in something they cannot help or change. They have nothing to do with the environment in which they live; but as a teacher, I have everything to do with what goes on while they are at school. It then becomes my responsibility to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most.

I am very committed to teach each student to the best of my ability. If I cannot teach the students, I am failing them not myself. If a student has a question that I do not know the answer to, I am more than happy to help them find it. Letting my students see that I do not know everything shows them that it is okay to ask questions and learn more.

I also believe in being a leader to my students. By showing leadership skills and being a good leader, others will want to follow in that path, which in turn produces more leaders. Leadership is a quality that I believe every student should strive to achieve, and I hope to help each student develop a desire to do so.

I want each and every one of my students to love school and have a love for learning. Through all of my creative lessons and my love of teaching I hope to create this atmosphere for all my students.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I will Treat each student Equally

Everyone likes to be treated equally! I do, you do, and children do! In my classroom I will treat each student the same. It does not matter who you are, where you come from, or how smart you are. I will have a set of rules and I WILL follow them and I will expect my students to do the same thing. I want my students to know that I care for them and that is why I do this. Each one of my students will know that I treat each of them fairly. If at any point in time a student feels that I am not being fair I will talk to them. If they do not feel comfortable talking to be in person about it then they can write me a letter about it. I will read or listen to them and consider how they are feeling. I want them to know I care and I want to know how they feel and make sure everyone is treated fairly.

No comments:

Post a Comment